Preparing Your House For Sale
Once you decide to sell your house, you want it to sell quickly and for the highest price. You can do much to influence that, including:
- De-personalize. Buyers who can imagine themselves living in the house will be more likely to be interested.
- De-clutter. Again, the more open and uncluttered the house, the more potential buyers will be able to visualize their own possessions there.
- Clean out closets and drawers so they look spacious. Yes, people will look!
- Move some furniture to storage. The less furniture you have, the larger your house will look and feel.
- Make minor repairs. People will remember if something doesn’t work or is broken and that will affect their offer, if they get that far. Paint unusually colored walls, replace burned out light bulbs, etc.
- Clean, clean, clean. You want the house to sparkle and be as light and airy as you can. Wash windows to let the light in, clean carpets and tile grout, scrub bathrooms and the kitchen till they shine, vacuum often. Imagine you are expecting very important visitors, because you are. They are the new owners of your house.
- Go outside and look at your house through a stranger’s eyes. Remove or trim overgrown or dead plants, use a blower to make everything tidy, wash walks and walls, mow the lawn and paint faded trim. Make sure the entry is inviting with a new doormat, freshly painted door and some pots of bright yellow flowers. You want a buyer to fall in love from the street!
- Remove and replace anything you plan to take with you. If a buyer can’t have something, don’t tempt them to want it.
- Walk through your house as if for the first time. Remove or replace anything that does not invite you to be there.
- Stage your house for success! Our Professional Home Selling System includes light staging. Check out this staged home that sold opening weekend!
We have been helping our neighbors sell homes here for over a decade. We are experts in marketing, this community & professional representation. No pressure, really.We are not going to add you to a marketing list or follow up with you relentlessly. We want you to make the right choice for you & your family. We Promise.