Biotechnology Opportunities in Gilbert
With 4.5 million square feet in commercial development, biotechnology opportunities in Gilbert are all around! Over the last few years, we’ve experienced growth of new residential real estate as well as sales of existing homes but it’s the commercial sector where we want to focus today.
Reasons to bring your biotechnology company to Gilbert, Arizona:
Unlike other Arizona towns and cities, Gilbert has not slowed its economic growth. In fact, we’re growing at faster rates than large metropolitan areas. Here’s why your biotech company should make the move to Gilbert:
- Skilled Labor. Of its 230,000 residents, 39% of Gilbert residents have at least a Bachelor’s degree, well above the 28.7% national rate.
- Workforce Numbers. 1.3 million Phoenix area residents live within a 30-minute commute of Gilbert.
- Tax incentives. There’s no sales tax on manufacturing equipment, no inventory tax, and Arizona is a right to work state meaning the union regulations aren’t as constricting as in other states.
- STEM Job Growth: Gilbert has experienced a 9% growth in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) jobs outpacing large metro areas including San Francisco.
- Education. In Fall 2015, doors opened to Gilbert’s first university, St. Xavier University adding to the 69 other colleges, universities, and tech schools within a 30-minute commute.
- Employment Corridors. The economy is designated in four distinct employment corridors each with a different focus, all with opportunity for business growth including Corridor Four which has over 1 million square feet of available commercial space.
- Strong Community. Gilbert has very supportive and proud leaders within its community. The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce and Gilbert Leadership groups have plenty of wonderful people who work hard to support the community.
In addition to being a top Arizona community, Gilbert ranks nationally as the best place to live being named the best place to work, the best place for working families, top area for first-time homebuyers, and among the safest cities in the nation. If you’re thinking about biotechnology opportunities, think Gilbert.
Whether you’re interested in buying or selling a home in the Gilbert area, Newman Realty has excellent representation on both ends with our Professional Home Buying and Home Selling Systems. Contact the Newman Realty team at 480-993-8653 to get started!
[Source]Tags: Agent, Buyers, Gilbert, Real Estate, Realtor, Sellers