7 Things We Want Sellers to Know
Are you ready to sell your Gilbert or Chandler home? Here are seven things we want sellers to know before they post a for sale sign in their yard:
- Declutter. Moving is a lot simpler when you’re only moving things you want to keep for your next home. In addition, a decluttered home looks bigger and sells faster than a home filled with piles and stacks of paper, clothes, and other household items.
- Personal Photos. Along the same lines as decluttering, take down personal photos. Prospective buyers will be able to picture themselves (pun intended) in your home faster if your family vacation pictures aren’t staring them down.
- Dust everything. Walk through your home as if you were a prospective buyer. See that dust on the pony wall and plant shelves? Your buyer will too. Dust the tops of shelves and walls. Now, look up. See that dusty chandelier and the spider web in the corner of the room you never use? Dust those too. A prospective buyer is more likely to buy if the home is clean.
- Exterior Paint. As you’re preparing the inside of your home for sale, don’t forget about the outside. Painting the exterior of your home can be the difference in getting your sale price or getting less than what you want (or can get) for your home. It’s a big investment that has a high return; you will get your money back.
- Front of the House. You want prospective buyers to feel like they are opening the door to their new home. Wash, paint, and change the handle on your front door to make them feel more at home. Make sure the house number appears prominently. The last thing you want is to make it difficult for buyers to find your home!
- Garage and backyard. You want to show your home and yard in its best condition. Store the lawn mower. Pull the weeds. Put the pool toys away. The cleaner and less cluttered the garage and yard, the bigger it looks to a prospective buyer. They’re more likely to buy your home if they can see their three cars in your garage and not your latest weekend project.
- Adult beverages. There will be time for an adult beverage after the sale goes through. There are buyers who will be turned off by the sight of alcohol. Celebrate later. Put it away when prospective buyers are in your home.
Getting your home ready for sale takes an investment of time and money that can pay off when it sells for your asking price.
If you’re ready to sell your home, the team at Newman Realty is here to help you with our Professional Home Selling System. Call 480-993-8653 to get started today!Tags: Agent, Chandler, Gilbert, Professional Home Selling System, Real Estate, Realtor, Sellers