5 Things We Want Buyers to Know
Are you ready to buy a home in Gilbert? You might think the process is simple but that’s not always the case. Don’t let that stop your dream of owning a home. There’s a house out there for you that’s available on your timeline and to your specifications. The team at Newman Realty is here to help you find it!
Before you buy a home, here are 10 things we want buyers to know.
- Closing Time. It’s not as simple as finding a house, putting in an offer, and closing 30 days later. Beginning October 1, 2015, the Dodd Frank mortgage regulation means a longer closing period to as many as 45 days.
- No Sales-y Tactics. The team at Newman Realty will never convince you to buy a home that you’re not comfortable buying. We’re not into sales-y tactics just to make a sale. We will show you features and drawbacks in each of the properties we show you so you can make an informed decision.
- Lack of excitement. If you’re not excited about a house, even if it fits your wishlist, it’s not the right house for you. We want you to be excited. Another house will come along that will make you feel at home.
- Have Patience. We don’t want to make assumptions about how much you can afford and have you fall in love with a house only to find out you’re not approved. Be patient. Before we start the search, we recommend you get pre-qualified for a mortgage. That will save time later.
- Understanding Out of Pocket Expenses. You’ve saved a percentage of the sale price for a down payment but don’t forget about other out of pocket expenses. Earnest deposit money which is 1% of the sale price is needed to secure a contract on a house. That money is credited toward the purchase. A home inspection will cost $400-700 depending on the size of the home and if there is a pool. The appraisal is $500-600 and is required if you’re getting a loan to purchase your home. The inspection and appraisal costs are not reimbursable or credited toward the purchase so remember them as you budget.
If you’re ready to find a home for you and your family, the team at Newman Realty is here to help you with our Professional Home Buying System. Call 480-993-8653 to get started today!Tags: Agent, Buyers, Gilbert, Professional Home Buying System, Real Estate, Realtor