10 Summer Activities for Kids in the East Valley
With the temperatures heating up, many of us are heading indoors, especially those with school age kids. It’s just too hot outside or we’re looking for places to cool off. Grab your bottle of water and enjoy summer activities for kids in the east valley!
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the East Valley offers Summer Day Camp at 12 east valley locations including Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, and Queen Creek.
- Arizona Water Parks offer pools, slides, and rides to keep the family cool. Locations include Golfland Sunsplash, Big Surf, and Wet ‘N Wild. Pack the sunscreen because you will need it!
- Harkins Summer Movie Pass includes 10 movies in 10 weeks for less than $1 per movie. This year’s lineup includes How to Train Your Dragon 2, Dolphin Tale 2, Curious George and more kid-friendly movies.
- Culture Pass is an affordable way to see the best of the valley museums and local hotspots like the Arizona Science Center, Desert Botanical Garden, Phoenix Zoo, Heard Museum, and Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Hiking trails are a great way to burn off energy but be sure you’re going early in the day (think 6am). Bring water, snacks, sunscreen, and a clear plan of where you will be hiking. Keep it relatively short so you’re not stuck in the desert at the heat of the day.
- Swimming is one of the most popular summer activities for kids in the east valley. Whether you’re swimming at your house, at a friend’s house, or at a Valley of the Sun YMCA branch, it’s a great way to have fun and keep cool.
- Speaking of the Valley of the Sun YMCA, they also offer summer camps and programming for kids.
- Engineering for Kids offers a summer enrichment program for your STEM student.
- East Valley Children’s Theatre is for those more arts inclined. Located in Mesa, they offer camps, classes, and activities for kids.
- Pinterest is a great place for ideas for kids and adults alike. From crafts to summer party ideas, exercise your crafty-ness and encourage your kids to do the same.
Here’s to a fun and safe summer for kids and adults!
If you’re interested in moving to the east valley, call Mark Newman of Newman Realty at 480-993-8653 for all your real estate needs.