Places to Enjoy the Outdoors in Gilbert
Arizona is a great place to live. In addition to the growing economy and family-friendly neighborhoods, the weather is pretty close to perfect especially this time of year!
Before the summer heat really begins, here are places to enjoy the outdoors in Gilbert.
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch – If you’re looking for a nature walk, a bird watching spot, or just a little time to soak up the sun, the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch is the place for you. With more than 4.5 miles of trails and 200+ birds to spot, this park offers an oasis in the middle of the busy town.
- Cosmo Dog Park – If you’re looking for a fenced area to let Fido off-leash, check out Cosmo Dog Park. Inspired by the town’s first K9 police dog named Cosmo, the park features picnic areas for humans and fenced areas for their canine companions.
- TopGolf Gilbert – A relatively new addition to Gilbert, TopGolf Gilbert is a growing hotspot for business, fundraising, and family events. Not an expert golfer? Not to worry. There’s something for everyone including golf activities for kids and beginners, food and drink, pool tables, fun staff, and great music.
- Heritage District – Located on Gilbert Road between Guadalupe and Elliot Roads, this up and coming area offers venues for business meetings, executive office space, restaurants, and shopping. On the weekends you can enjoy the Gilbert Farmers Market offering food, arts, and crafts from local vendors.
- Freestone Park – While lots of neighborhoods in Gilbert have parks and trails, Freestone Park offers even more. Amenities include ball fields, sports courts, a train, batting cages, playgrounds, picnic areas, skate park, and the Freestone Recreation Area. Coming soon is a disc golf course from the Gilbert Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class.
- Discovery Park-Modeled after Freestone Park, this more southern outdoor space located just off of Greenfield Rd. south of the 202 offers lakes, trails, grills and dining spaces, soccer fields, basketball courts, playgrounds, and plenty of room for the kids to run around. The new Temple behind it makes for some photo worthy scenes of Gilbert at play .
The Town of Gilbert website (http://www.gilbertaz.gov) offers a complete listing of outdoor activities, seasonal events like music or movies in the park, and more.
If you’re interested in moving to or from Gilbert, call Mark Newman of Newman Realty at 480-993-8653 for all your real estate needs.