Biotechnology Opportunities in Gilbert
With 4.5 million square feet in commercial development, biotechnology opportunities in Gilbert are all around! Over the last few years we’ve experienced growth of new residential real estate as well as sales of existing homes but it’s the commercial sector where we want to focus today.
Reasons to bring your biotechnology company to Gilbert, Arizona:
Unlike other Arizona towns and cities, Gilbert has not slowed its economic growth. In fact, we’re growing at faster rates that large metropolitan areas. Here’s why your biotech company should make the move to Gilbert:
- Skilled Labor. Of its 230,000 residents, 39% of Gilbert residents have at least a Bachelor’s degree, well above the 28.7% national rate.
- Workforce Numbers. 1.3 million Phoenix area residents live within a 30 minute commute of Gilbert.
- Tax incentives. There’s no sales tax on manufacturing equipment, no inventory tax, and Arizona is a right to work state meaning the union regulations aren’t as constricting as in other states.
- STEM Job Growth: Gilbert has experienced a 9% growth in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) jobs outpacing large metro areas including San Francisco.
- Education. In the fall 2015, doors opened to Gilbert’s first university, St. Xavier University adding to the 69 other colleges, universities, and tech schools within a 30 minute commute.
- Employment Corridors. The economy is designated in four distinct employment corridors each with a different focus, all with opportunity for business growth including Corridor Four which has over 1 million square feet of available commercial space.
In addition to being a top Arizona community, Gilbert ranks nationally as a best place to live being named a best place to work, best place for working families, top area for first-time homebuyers, and among the safest cities in the nation. If you’re thinking about biotechnology opportunities, think Gilbert.
If you’re interested in buying or selling a home in the Gilbert area, please contact the team at Newman Realty at 480-993-8653. We can also connect you to community leaders related to biotechnology opportunities.